I've been using AirPods for a couple months now, and they are also my favorite headphones. Here's a few reasons why:
- They are always charged. This is the best part. It seems like I never charge the things because when I do it is some random time during the week when I happen to think about it. I'll plug them in for a few hours and for the rest of the week, whenever I want them, they are good to go.
- They are always with me when I need them because they are so small and portable.
- I can cut grass or move about my office, grab a dictionary or drive a car, and I never have to worry about cords.
- They are comfortable and do not hurt my ears like most over-the-ear headphones do after wearing them for a couple hours.
I've had Bose and Klipsch over-the-ear headphones, and I end up not using them because they are too big to carry everyday and I don't find them comfortable to wear for long periods of time. The AirPods do not provide the same level of sound quality as a good set of over-the-ear headphones, but I'm fine with than.
Two ways I would like to see the AirPods improved:
- Matte black for both the case and AirPods. I wish Apple would matte black everything.
- While wearing them and without picking up my phone, I would like to be notified of incoming iMessages and Twitter DMs and be able to respond.