Here's the best podcast I've heard on this topic.
My top three wishes:
- Dark mode
- A better way to find the app you want in split view
- Markdown support for Apple Notes
If we get all three, I'm doing an end zone dance on Monday. The last one is the least likely, dark mode seems 50/50, but if selecting apps in split view isn't greatly improved, the internet will spontaneously combust.
- Split view from either side of the screen, not just from the right
- A unified, customizable control panel
- 3D Touch on the iPad Pros
- Improved UI for iMessage apps
- Improved UI for Apple Music
- Federico made drag and drop look pretty cool.
- Apple Pencil support for the iPhone.
- A more intelligent Siri — for example, she is a little slow and tells me the same joke a couple times a week. I'll be getting ready for work and wonder what time it is. "Hey, Siri." … wait for the ding … "What time is it." She'll say, "6:30am, time to go back to sleep" almost every day.
- An enhanced Spotlight search so that one can use it to type to Siri — you can do this to an extent now, but I'd like it enhanced and promoted as the way to text Siri.
- Improved iBooks app (I'm dreaming here, I know)
- Significantly enhanced Mail app
- Make Reminders an actual task manager.
- Rename the Shared Links feature in Safari and make it a full blown RSS feed reader.