- What is the argument of the book?
- What piqued your interest in the verbal system of the Dead Sea Scrolls?
- How has the work developed between dissertation and publication? Any advice for students who hope to publish their dissertation?
- What tools or methodologies did you find most useful in your research?
- How does your analysis of the verbal system shed light on interpretive debates in the broader field of Dead Sea Scrolls scholarship?
- How does the verbal system of the Dead Sea Scrolls compare and contrast with the the verbal system(s) of the Hebrew Bible?
- Do you plan to extend your research and publish on the verbal system of the Hebrew Bible?
- Where does your view of the verbal system of the Hebrew Bible fit within the spectrum of recent debates?
- How accurately do the written sources reflect the spoken Hebrew of the time? Does the verbal system of the Dead Sea Scrolls result from natural linguistic development or intentional archaism? Do the Dead Sea Scrolls attest to a single common verbal system, or are there numerous parallel systems evident in the sources?
You can read the full interview here.